They also have Merchandising Trends for July.
Want to be on the Front Page? Read the Post about what they want for July!
from their post:
- Fourth of July: Emphasis will be on red, white, and blue color combinations, primitive, folk, vintage, stripped down accents and Americana decor.
- Fashion: References to Americana, stripes, seersucker, nautical, preppy, and classic styles return with the Fourth of July. Look for fabric, beaded, sequined, and appliqued embellishments picking up steam this summer. Grecian styles, empire waists, tunics, asymmetrical and A-line cuts are trending.
- Twilight Eclipse Movie Premiere: With the recent June 30th release of the latest in the Twilight series we expect to see a resurgence in themes surrounding vampires, werewolves, dark and forbidden love stories, legends, and supernatural subject matter.
- The World in Sports: The World Cup in South Africa and the Tour de France means soccer (a.k.a. football), biking, racing, competition, international themes, and team colors will be trending globally.
- Geekery and Gaming: Options for gadget lovers and those who love to stay indoors during the summer months. Docks and docking stations, cases, sleeves, gadgets, cozies, computer and office accessories, technical gear, bags, carriers, and essentials.
- Halloween Preview: I know it sounds early, but Halloween references, specifically in costuming and decor, begin trending in mid-July. Channel celebrity references, clever baby and toddler get-ups, haunted houses and vintage harvest nostalgia.
- Weekend at the River House: Camping, hiking, boating, fishing, and outdoor excursions. Think vintage retro accessories mixed with modern gear and essentials.
- The County Fair: Circus and carnival themes, sideshow wonders, bright colors and foods.
- Alfresco Living and Home: Industrial vintage and reproduction furniture, decor, and interiors. Think farmhouse, countryside, the French flea market and galvanized metal, as well as ,arket baskets and totes, bikes and bike imagery, picnics and flea market finds, and components to create "the outdoor room."
- Personalization: Custom names, initials, monograms, quotes, phrases, fingerprints, and numbers.
- Natural History: Nature, taxidermy, raw minerals and stones, feathers, foliage, claws, charts, diagrams, bones, antlers, and species.
- Color Trends: Combinations of metallic with neutrals; reds, whites and blues; citruses (lime, lemon, grapefruit, blood orange, tangerine); robin's egg blues, sepia tones and tea stains. Patterns in seersucker, stripes, gingham, and houndstooth will also be trending.