Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Featured Member: Sal from Simply Sal Boutique

This week's featured member is Sal from Simply Sal Boutique. She participates in the team forums and writes for our blog on Fridays. Here is a little more about her in her own words.

I got started on Etsy last December when I was trying to earn enough money for a better camera. I wanted to sell some of my photos and hair clips online. A friend in my ward had told me about Etsy a few months prior, so I decided to look into it further. After researching many websites, I chose Etsy because it provided a venue in which I could sell my work online without a lot of upfront fees.


I have been doing photography for about 2 years. Photography helps me see things from a new point of view and realize the details in the wonderful earth we have to live in. My favorite things to photograph are flowers, animals/bugs, and temples. Through my experience in natural photography, I have learned that indeed "all things testify of Him." Each detail in nature truly is a witness of God's love for us. Through photgraphing temples, I have learned that the temple is a happy place where we receive the light of Christ more fully in our lives. Because of this, I try to include light as a key aspect in all my temple pictures.


The gospel greatly influences my work. I strongly believe that all things testify of our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. I try to portray that through my photographs. I also love creating Young Women value bows because they hold such deep meaning. I hope that my creations help to share the gospel and remind others of God's love for them.


Check out her shop for more amazing photography, lesson handouts, and Young Women's values hair clips.

No comments:

Post a Comment