Monday, December 3, 2012

Featured Seller: Tera from Tera Cheri's Baby Boutique

This week's featured seller is Tera from Tera Cheri's Baby Boutique. Her unique story:


My dad taught me the basics of crochet when I was about 15. I made one scarf with that knowledge and then didn't touch it again until about 8 years later when I first found out about Etsy. I would see all the super cute crochet baby hats and wish I could make all the cute stuff I saw. Back then I was addicted to browsing Etsy and I’d use it as inspiration for craft projects. Then I wondered if I could take what my dad taught me and learn how to make a hat on my own. So I did some Google searching and YouTube searching and eventually I figured out how to make a hat. I was so excited! And from there I have just tried different things until I found a look I liked enough to stick with.


I hadn’t really thought about selling on Etsy until I saw what I could do with crochet. When I would finish a hat, I couldn’t believe that I was the one who made it. They were just too darn cute! Then I thought, “I bet I could sell these!” So I decided to give it a shot and opened up shop on May 26, 2011. It has been a fun experience for me and so exciting every time I sell one of my hats.


I really feel like Heavenly Father has blessed me with this gift. Not really to make money with it, even though that is a nice plus, but as a way for me to express myself. I feel like if I couldn’t make things pretty, I would just go crazy. Not just with crochet, but in my life. I love to organize, and make my home look pretty, I love to dress up my son really cute, and I love to crochet really cute things for my family and friends, and of course, for all of the lovely people on Etsy who also like what I do!

Check out Tera Cheri's Baby Boutique for more adorable hats!

No comments:

Post a Comment