- Be realistic. Challenge yourself but not so much that you can't accomplish your goal. Take into account your daily life, emergencies, holidays and vacations, capabilities, and resources.
- Be focused. Instead of having a whole list of goals, narrow it down to three important ones or one long-term goal with a few short-term goals that will help you reach the big one.
- Be flexible. Understand that things may happen that can change your goals, for better or worse. Adjust accordingly and move forward.
- Be positive. Take one day at a time. Congratulate yourself for your efforts and improvements. But be honest with yourself too: if you're getting lazy, give yourself a pep talk and get back to work!
- Be organized. Keep a journal of your successes and failures so you know what worked and what didn't as you achieve your goals.
Wednesday, January 2, 2013
New Year, New Goals
It's a new year and time to make some new goals for your shop! Just a few things to remember as you plan: