Saturday, November 10, 2012

Featured Seller: Kristin from Treehouse Illustrator

 This week's featured seller is Kristin from Treehouse Illustrator.

Although I went to art school, a lot of what I do for my shop is self taught. I've always been an artist, so the years of practice certainly help. Many times, I'll think of an idea or product, and I'll have to figure out how to make it. Wood burning was something I had never tried until after I opened the Treehouse Illustrator shop.


I had been reading an article about how to make money with your artwork and it led me to Etsy. Soon after, I signed up and listed a few of my illustrations. I read a lot of the "Quit Your Day Job" blog posts on Etsy, along with a lot of other articles for sellers. It wasn't until I started making my wooden spoons that I got any sales, though, and I was thrilled when my shop did well for the Christmas season. Now, I keep trying to come up with new ways to expand my shop -- new products, variations, etc. I'm blessed that my sales have increased, and I hope my shop continues to grow.


Even though I don't have many LDS-themed goods in my shop, the gospel has everything to do with my work. I've always wanted to be a stay-at-home mommy and supplement our income with my art. I've prayed long and hard and have received blessings for guidance. I believe it's only because I ask what Heavenly Father wants me to do and I obey whatever answer I get -- no matter how scary it is. I trust that He'll help me to be able to stay home with my children. Plus, I dress my son, Liam, in my tie onesies for church.


Check out Treehouse Illustrator for more fun wood-burned designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment