Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Featured Seller: Holly from Hollyberry's Dolls

This week's featured seller is Holly from Hollyberry's Dolls, a cute shop selling clothes and accessories for girls and their American Girls dolls. Here's how she got started:


I first learned to sew in high school in my home ec class. It wasn't until I was married and had four daughters that I really tried my hand at sewing again. My daughters loved American Girl dolls, so after watching them play with their dolls for a while, I decided that it might be fun to make clothes for their dolls. I remember my mom making clothing for my sister's Barbie dolls. Once I started I found that I really loved to sew and create different outfits. I started with doll clothes and quickly moved on to matching outfits. I loved seeing the excitement on my daughters' faces when they would see the new outfits. 

I first started selling on Etsy after a friend saw my clothing and told me I should try to sell on Etsy. I was a little skeptical at first but decided to give it a try. I soon found what a wonderful place it is for handmade items. I love it!

When starting our family many years ago, my husband and I wanted me to be able to stay at home with our children. Having my shop on Etsy allows me to be able to do just that. I am able to work from home and be here to take care of my children. When making my doll clothes I try to keep all of my designs modest. I want the doll clothing to reflect how my daughters dress. It starts at a young age. If they grow up with certain standards it will be much easier to keep those standards as they get older. 

Check out Hollyberry's Dolls for more cute items!

No comments:

Post a Comment